One of the greatest benefits of Invisalign is the minimal impact it has on your everyday life. You should wear your Invisalign at all times, except when eating, brushing and flossing. Because the aligners are exceptionally comfortable, it should be easy to wear them for the recommended 20 to 22 hours per day.
Taking care of Invisalign aligners is also very simple. By following these guidelines, you will help to ensure a successful Invisalign treatment:
- The best way to clean your aligners is to use the Invisalign cleaning kit. If your kit is not accessible, another effective method is to brush and rinse the aligners with warm water. Every time you brush your teeth, you should also clean your aligners.
- Always rinse your aligners thoroughly before replacing them in your mouth.
- There are no food restrictions with Invisalign. However, the aligners must always be removed when eating.
- To avoid permanent damage to your aligners, do not place in boiling water or leave them anywhere warmer than your mouth.
- Never use denture cleaner or soak them in alcohol or bleach.
- When not being worn, store your aligners in the retainer case that was provided by your dental professional.
- Do not chew gum or smoke with aligners in your mouth.
- Do not remove your aligners at night.
- When drinking any beverage other than water, use a straw.
- If you play a contact sport that necessitates the use of a protective mouth guard, simply remove your aligners and replace with the protective appliance.
Remember, Invisalign only works when you are wearing them. If you lose your aligner or miss wearing it for several days, contact your dentist or orthodontist right away to receive advice on how to proceed.
Our dental office is located in Louisville